Liverpool’s bid to sign Thiago Alcantara looks set for some major competition. Next year, Thiago was heavily linked to a move to the champions of the Premier League out of contract at Bayern Munich.
However, two big-spending European giants are reportedly joining the race for the midfielder.
TOP STORY – MAN CITY, PSG EYE LIVERPOOL TARGET THIAGO
Manchester City and PSG are interested in reported Liverpool target Thiago, according to Le 10 Sport.
Sport Bild says Liverpool are prepared to pay £27.1million (€30m) for the midfielder, an offer which could be enough for Bayern.
However, it also reports the champions are worried a club like City may trump their bid.
– While it looks like Jadon Sancho may remain at Borussia Dortmund, Manchester United are not giving up on the star attacker. The Mirror reports the Premier League club have put other moves on hold as they chase Sancho.
– Staying at Old Trafford and Paul Pogba’s future is yet to be sorted. Sky Sports reports the midfielder, who is contracted until 2021 with the club holding an option to extend it for a further year, is expecting talks over a new deal after United’s Europa League campaign ends.
– After crashing out of the Champions League in the last 16, Real Madrid have been expected to strengthen. However, Marca reports Madrid have told players there will be no new signings.
– With Ismaila Sarr linked to Liverpool, Watford are seemingly holding firm. The Evening Standard reports Watford are demanding £40m for Sarr, who has also been linked to Wolves and Crystal Palace.
– Arsenal and Roma could be close to a swap deal. Nicolo Schira reports the clubs are in advanced talks about a deal that would send Lucas Torreira to the Serie A club and Amadou Diawara to Arsenal.