Top 10 Richest Men in Africa 2021 Rankings, Aliko Dangote has been listed by Forbes as the richest person in Africa with a net worth of $12.5b for the 10th straight year.
The list was published on Friday.
Mike Adenuga of Globacom, and Abdulsamad Rabiu of BUA Group, both Nigerians, made it to the list as the 5th and 6th richest persons in Africa respectively.
Dangote, who is the founder and Chairman of Dangote Cement, the largest cement manufacturer on the continent, has maintained the position he has held for nine years.
He owns 85% of publicly-traded Dangote Cement which produces 45.6 million metric tons annually and has operations in 10 countries across Africa.
The billionaire businessman also owns stakes in publicly-traded salt and sugar manufacturing companies.
According to Forbes, in Africa, as elsewhere in the world, the wealthiest came through the COVID-19 pandemic just fine.
READ ALSO: Man Sent To Jail For Raping His Daughter In Ondo
It estimated that the continent’s 18 billionaires, propelled in part by Nigeria’s surging stock market, were worth an average of $4.1 billion, 12 percent more than a year ago.
Here is the list according to Forbes 2021 rankings:
1. Aliko Dangote – Cement, sugar ($12.1bn)
2. Nassef Sawiris – Construction, investments ($8.5bn)
3. Nicky Oppenheimer – Diamonds ($8bn)
4. Johann Rupert – Luxury goods ($7.2bn)
5. Mike Adenuga – Telecom, oil ($6.3bn)
6. Abdulsamad Rabiu – Cement, sugar ($5.5bn)
7. Issad Rebrab – Food ($4.8bn)
8. Naguib Sawiris – Telecom ($3.2bn)
9. Patrice Motsepe – Mining ($3bn)
10. Koos Bekker – Media, investment ($2.8bn)